I crave Keto stuffed mushrooms in the Fall because they feel like the quintessential snack for cozying up under a flannel blanket, and watching a scary movie!
My kids have proclaimed Saturdays as the official day for our 30 days of Halloween watch-a-thon. So for five glorious hours, we throw every blanket in the house onto our fluffy, over-sized couch, and lounge about watching hocus pocus and eating little treats. 😀
I thought that idea sounded universally awesome for families everywhere, so I snapped some pics of our latest snacks and left the recipe below for your Saturday evening noshing enjoyment.
These crab and brie stuffed mushrooms are Keto-friendly— as just about everything in our house has become lately, and they make a terrific appetizer or dinner (with a salad and a glass of wine 🙂 ).
I grew up eating the Red Lobster Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, so my recipe is what I consider a Keto version of those crab stuffed mushrooms in garlic butter. I’ve removed the breadcrumbs, doubled the crab, and topped it with brie.
You’re welcome! 😛
Let’s start off with the filling…just throw it all in a bowl.
I chopped the jarred red bell peppers really well so they would be distributed throughout the filling. You can also use pre-diced pimentos, which are technically the same thing, but I always get better flavor from a jar of roasted red bell peppers.
And mix it up with a spoon!
Clean your mushrooms by removing the stem… yes I recommend my little tomato corer. 😀 It’s like 2 bucks and I also use it for tomatoes and strawberries. You can get it here.
Spoon the filling into the keto stuffed mushrooms…
Get out the brie log and slice it into coins… I remove the rind with a sharp paring knife because the rind gets hard during the cooking process. I know some people (weird people) like to eat the rind, but I wouldn’t recommend that here. 🙂
And just crown each mushroom with a piece of brie. (And crown me with a piece of brie too 😀 )
Now you can bake it at 375 for 30-40 minutes. You can also refrigerate the prepped keto stuffed mushrooms and bake them off when you’re ready if you’re planning to make them for a party or event. (Hello, Christmas and New Years!)
Serve with lemon and fresh herbs…. (and wine and movies!)
Here is the recipe for the Keto Crab and Brie Stuffed Mushrooms
If you make the recipe, post it to social media and tag Urban Cowgirl…
I’d love to see how it turns out![cp_info_bar display=”inline” id=”cp_id_bd52e”][/cp_info_bar]
These delicious crab and brie stuffed mushrooms are festive and romantic for special occasion dinners, holiday appetizers, or even a special weekend dinner.
- 14-16 whole mushrooms
- Half a Stalk of Celery
- 1 Green Onion, white and green parts
- 2 T. Jarred Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- 8 oz. Fresh Crab Meat
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 t. Granulated garlic
- 1/2 t. Old bay seasoning, or Chesapeake bay seasoning
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice (plus additional juice for squeezing on after cooking)
- 6 oz. log brie cheese
- 2 T. butter
- Using a knife or small spoon (check out my tomato corer!!) remove the stem of the mushroom so that it can be filled. (The stems can be chopped up and sauteed for an omelet or a quick pasta tomorrow night.)
- Place the mushrooms in a square glass casserole dish or an oven crock. They should fit snug.
- Place all of the other ingredients up to the brie in a glass bowl. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill each mushroom overflowing.
- For the brie, slice it into about 1/4" coins. I like to remove the rind for this recipe because once it bakes it gets hard and chewy. I do that by using a little paring knife to slice around the rind once it is cut into coins.
- Place the coins on top of the mushrooms and place a 2 T. sized knob of butter into the dish. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder, and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. (The mushrooms can be prepared and held in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake them. Add an additional 5-10 minutes onto the cooking time.)
- Remove the mushrooms and sprinkle with extra lemon juice and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This recipe can be made ahead and baked off right before your party or special occasion meal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
This nutritional information is provided as a courtesy as an estimate only. Consult with a dietician for precise estimates.