Rich and buttery, Southwestern Lobster Salad Stuffed Avocados aren’t just good— they’re like insanely, lick the bowl and take a nap good. They’re also keto friendly!
Something about the combination of melted garlic butter, the zip of fresh salsa, and the mild acidity of greek yogurt create a succulent sauce that’s perfectly suited to delicate seafood. The avocado is creamy and rich, the perfect vessel for the sauce to collect in!
Make it for someone you love this week! They’re perfect for Sunday brunch, a special occasion appetizer, or even a keto lunch!
Here is the recipe for the Southwestern Lobster Stuffed Avocados
If you make it, tag Urban Cowgirl on Social Media. I’d love to see how it turns out!
These lobster stuffed avocados are a special occasion meal for romantic dinners, holidays, and are great for lobster lovers! The avocado pairs well with the buttery lobster drenched in sauce and we share it with citrus fruits and a glass of white wine.
- 2 large Haas avocados
- 3-4 lobster tails, from seafood counter, raw
- 2/3 a stick of butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
- ½ c. greek yogurt
- ½ c. fresh salsa
- 2 T cilantro
- 2 T fresh chives
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- To Garnish: Additional cilantro, citrus slices such as ruby red grapefruit or mandarin.
- To prepare the lobster tails: On a cutting board lay out a lobster tail.
- Using a sharp knife slice from top to bottom vertically, from the tip to the tail. Cutting the lobster tail in half lets you gently pull out each side of lobster meat intact. Repeat with all the lobster tails. Discard shells, or reserve for lobster butter or bisque.
- Take the meat of all lobster tails and slice into bites about the size of a strawberry. Place all of these into a microwave-safe bowl.
- In the bowl, add the butter, garlic, and a dash of salt. Place the bowl in the microwave and top with a dinner plate to completely cover the bowl. (This allows the meat to steam/poach in the garlic butter.) Cook for about 2 minutes and allow to sit an additional 1 minute.
- Using a kitchen towel, remove the bowl from the microwave and check to see if the lobster meat has been thoroughly poached in the butter. If not, microwave in additional 1-minute increments until it is just cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Remove the plate from atop the bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients. Season to your liking and chill the lobster filling.
- Meanwhile, cut each avocado in half and remove the seed. Peel the skins off the avocado flesh. Place each avocado on a plate. (I slice a thin slice off of each avocado along the curve of the body, so that when I place them down on the plate, they can not slide around.)
- When ready to serve, fill each avocado with lobster salad. I serve ruby red grapefruit, or slices of mandarin with my lobster salads, for color and interest. Garnish with additional chives.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1016Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 283mgSodium: 1669mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 17gSugar: 14gProtein: 70g
These nutritional values are an estimate only and provided as a courtesy. Different brands of ingredients may result in different calorie counts, and the software does not account for these differences. Consult with your dietician or doctor for precise nutritional values.